ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WARN] Removing the file attribute from <zip> and friends tomorrow
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 20:28:08 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 02:14, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > This is a heads up for people who have switched to <zip file="..."/>
> > but not the newer destfile attribute (Hi Pete ;-) - expect your builds
> > to fail in about twenty hours or so.
> >
> > Or is there any reason to delay this step further?
>
> I would say delay it forever because quite a few people are using it
despite
> the fact that it is CVS only ;)

-1 to delaying it forever.  Sorry.  We have to make up
our minds on what is the name we want to provide to
that attribute.

The following is from Jakarta's Binary Downloads page:

Nightly Builds are those that are very unstable (a.k.a. dynamite!). We
have no confidence in them. They are for developers who are helping
to develop the technology and want "the latest bits." Use at your own
risk!

On behalf of ant-dev, I am willing to apologize to those
users for whom any inconvenience has been caused,
but, please, let us not have multiple unreleased names for
the same attribute in there.

> Pete

Cheers,
Magesh