ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: <cc> status (was what's going on with 1.x)
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:27:24 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Arnold" <carnold@houston.rr.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <ant-contrib-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 10:07 PM
Subject: <cc> status (was what's going on with 1.x)

>I think it is premature to move it to the Apache CVS until we are able to
build some serious projects with it and have refined it a bit more.

Curt,

Thanks for the update

>It seems that adding an "if" and "unless" attribute to <fileset> (or maybe
<includes> and ><excludes>) might be a more generally useful approach.
However, I'll be the first to admit that I >don't have a feel for how
complicated that would be and whether it would be an affront to some >Ant
ethos.  (There would also need to be a "if" and "unless" on <defineset> or
<define> and ><undefine>, but that is within the cpptasks code).  If you are
going to slam that suggestion, let >me know how you would approach the
problem.

There is already an if and unless attr on excludes; so your fileset
inclusion is in there already.

>I'll continue trying to build Xerces-C and will report the possibly
unpretty trials and tribulations on. >the ant-contributors mailing list.
After we can build Xerces-C using VC on Win32 and gcc on >Linux, then it
would be a good opportunity with developers who have access to other
platforms to >up the supported compilers and platforms.  After that phase is
complete, I'd think that <cc> >would be ready to go mainstream.

OK. The odd newsletter to ant-dev/ant-user might be useful for getting
potential users/developers involved

-steve