ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promotion of FilterReaders proposal to main development tree.
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:55:12 GMT
From: "Adam Murdoch" <>

> * Can you split up ChainReaderHelper.processStream() into two methods:  A
> method that assembles the Reader, and a utility method turns a Reader into
> String (this method would fit better on FileUtils).

Done. Though I have left it in ChainReaderHelper itself
for now...

> You also might want to use a StringBuffer when
> you're doing the conversion.

> * Why does LoadProperties parse the properties?  Why not use
> java.util.Properties?

> * Should BaseFilterReader.skip() be using
> rather than

> * You might want to look at refactoring some of the common(-ish) stuff
> the filters down into BaseFilterReader.  For example, nearly all of the
> filters deal with lines of text, and each has their own 'read a line from
> the file' code.  It would be better if BaseFilterReader (or an
> LineFilterReader class) took care of this for the filters.  Same with
> setParameters(), setInitialised(), getInitialised(), etc.  And dealing
> buffering.

> * Any chance of a filter that adjusts end-of-line characters?  How about a
> regexp version of LineContains?

Not yet ;-)

By the way, thanks for nit-picking!  It definitely
looks better now...

> Adam

*  Optimist: A person who while falling from the            *
*  Eiffel tower says in midway "See I am not injured yet."  *

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message