ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional PropertyFileTest.java
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 02:06:12 GMT
Ok Diane... have at it!

Let me know if I break any of your tests with <propertyfile>.  Also, perhaps
now is the time to learn how to integrate with the builtin test cases.  To
run this particular one, after bootstrapping, run this:

build[.sh]
run-single-test -Dtestcase=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.PropertyFi
leTest

This particular test case is a bit confusing because of some indirection its
doing: it writes two property files, one read in by the build file, the
other is manipulated by <propertyfile> and therefore sets up some existing
values to test against, and then there is the <property file="..."/> in the
'exercise' target that loads the property file just saved which provides the
PropertyFileTest code with the properties to easily compare against expected
values.

If you find a flaw, the best way to let me know is to update the test case
to demonstrate it. If you don't want to attempt a fix, just send me the
patch and I'll take care of it.  (don't check a broken test case back in!
:).

Also, (and why does this happen right when you click to commit a change?) on
second thought, I think I'll add the "never" capability back in to simply
blank a date type property which seemed to be the original intent. It would
really only make sense as a default value though.  Thoughts one way or
another?

Any idea what the "now"/"never" on the operations was all about?

    Erik