ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: <propertyfile> bug
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:57:22 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
> --- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if my previous patch broke it worse or just left something
> > broken while fixing the default value stuff.
>
> Well, it definitely broke it, since it was working before -- sorry.

The default value stuff was not working properly before, and thats why the
test cases were added.

Its a miracle that task works at all!

> Yes, well, I missed the decrement the first time around, too -- and I
> missed the copyright update this time -- sometimes I move faster than I
> should with this Java stuff, since I get excited if I just manage to get
> it to work at all :)

Test cases.  Test cases!  Test cases!  This is what we need to verify all
this stuff works as it should.

> pick&put), and that led me to realize that using your "value" variable
> instead of my "oldIntValue" was also confusing, since "value" should
> really only represent what was specified in the 'value' attrtibute

Careful with the "your".  If you have a look at the differences, I didn't
really change that much between 1.5 and 1.6 (but enough to break something
apparently).  I did not introduce any new variables.

> So I'll leave the catch-up on the String and Date stuff to you -- and the
> "refactoring" as well, since I'm not even sure yet what that means
> ("redesigning"?).

Refactoring - changing the internal structure of code without changing the
outward functionality.  But in this case I plan on fixing the broken
functionality in the process by adding test cases that identify the flaws
and then fix them.  :)

    Erik