ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:09:29 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com>

> Can we switch off the "Modifiers of declaration are present in a
> non-standard order" check?  As far as I can tell, according to the
sections
> of the JLS that they cite, it's the audit tool that's got the modifiers in
> the wrong order, not our code.

Switching it off is probably not a good idea but fixing it could be :)

> The appropriate sections (8.1.1, 8.3.1 and 8.4.3) of the JLS are at:
>
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/second_edition/html/classes.doc.html

There is something wrong somewhere. Maybe a modification from the first JLS
version ?
If you look at the example in 8.3.1.1, they use "final static." and not
static final.

In they QA manual (5.21) they say:

class declaration, 8.1.2, p.130:
public abstract final

field declaration, 8.3.1, p.144:
public protected private final static transient

method declaration 8.4.3, p.157
public protected private abstract static final static synchronized native

Stephane