ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Speaking of deprecation...
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 19:24:09 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <costinm@covalent.net>

> - you can write a html page that displays in netscape2.0. People don't
> have to upgrade their pages every for every new browser.

Don't exagerate, HTML is certainly not the example.
You'd better not put any presentation in your damn html page then or you
deserve to be shot.
HTML + CSS rules. HTML sucks.

For how many years do we have to support crappy pages where there is
everything but the correct data in it ?
I want a STRICT syntax, not a loose one where everything is permitted. I
would be curious to know what was the cost of having decided that start/end
tag of html/head/body is optional.

Now you are simply unable to write a page that display correctly in any
browser because of the need for browsers to support every crap out there.

That's the cost of legacy.

Stephane