ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: <property file=... problem
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:58:07 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>

> If you think I have failed in my attempt
> to get through my point of view,
> I will degrade my vote to +0.  I can live
> with a prefix attribute. And I can
> always code up a <loadproperties> task
> when I need one ;-)

Thank you.  I do understand your point and do agree that the generalized
approach to morphing files is indeed a very useful thing to have - I just
think its too generalized for this specific issue.

My primary use-case for prefixing properties loaded is to do something with
<propertyfile> where build numbers (or minor version number, etc) are
incremented and then immediately available as a property, but it could not
be loaded because a previous property with the same name was used to store
the old number.

It'll be a few days before I get around to doing this.

    Erik