ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Ant 1.5 - My "To Do" List (Was: Re: What is going on in ANT1.x)
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:14:48 GMT
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>

> How about we cull together everyone's TODO
> list and the outstanding bugs/enhancement
> requests into an HTML document and volunteer
> ourselves for knocking them out for a 1.5
> release?

I would like to be able to do at least 2 more
things before Ant 1.5 is released:
1.  Graduate the proposal/filterreaders to the main tree.
2.  Graduate the proposal/selectors to the main tree.

Their implementations are acceptedly 'Ant1'ish.
But it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to
rework it to suit the proposed Ant2 declaration
style...

The FilterReaders proposal, if it makes it into
Ant 1.5, will lay the ground work for existing/
new tasks to adopt this in Ant 1.6.

The Selectors proposal will address a
long felt need to be able to include/exclude
files using pluggable file selectors.

I am still waiting for feedback from ant-dev
on the selectors proposal.  So far, IIRC,
only Peter has found the time to comment on
its implementation.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask for
a feedback on the filterreaders proposal as well.

> Perhaps once that list is complete we can then
> vote on new bugs/enhancements that come in on
> whether they should be added to the list or
> saved until 1.6 or 2.0.  That will give us some
> definitive goals for a 1.5 release.

Sounds like a plan to me.

>     Erik

Cheers,