ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ids from paths not propogated through antcalls unless path is top-level
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 02:51:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Sampaleanu" <colinml1@exis.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 12:54 PM
Subject: bug: Ids from paths not propogated through antcalls unless path is
top-level

> Unless I am missing something, there is a bug in Ant 1.4.1 in that ids
> from path structures don't propogate (aren't usable) through antcalls,
> unless the path structure defining the id is top level. Consider the
> following ant script:

actually, toplevel defs arent propagating through antcall either; they are
being re-evaluated when the called target runs

>A target should
>not know whether it is being called as a dependency or through an
>antcall, and I do have a number that are executed both ways

then it should state in its dependencies which targets it depends on to init
paths and things.

NB, <ant> now has inheritRefs; it seems that antcall should acquire the same
attribute and pass it on to the ant task it uses to do its work. Colin, if
you were to add that (and the tests to verify it works), then your problems
will be solved.