ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/i18n
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:48:22 GMT
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <>

> From: "Magesh Umasankar" <>
> > If there is any coding standard which we have
> > consensus upon that says I cannot use this
> > variable name, then please show it :-)
> Don't make it difficult, you know what you are
> doing and you cannot enforce this fancy convention
> all over the code, that's a valid reason enough
> not to do it.

I am not trying to enforce any convention all
over the code.  Changing a single variable name
in a single place means all over the code?

> Nothing in the sun coding guidelines prevent
> from using hungarian notation as well.

So you wanna tell me what name is looked
upon as a preferred local variable name
instead of l_BundleFile?  I will just change
it to what you consider is right and we can
close this discussion and move on.

> Stephane

*  Philosopher: A fool who torments himself  *
*  during life, to be spoken of when dead.   *

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message