ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/i18n Translate.java
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:02:03 GMT
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>

> >   +        String l_BundleFile = bundleFile + ".properties";
>
> What coding standards is l_BundleFile?  *ick*

l_ for local - I am not standardizing or
anything - I just thought this variable name
was better than String b ;-)

If there is any coding standard which we have
consensus upon that says I cannot use this
variable name, then please show it :-)

> Also, this code change was a fair bit more than
> removing "an unused local variable" so we should
> probably note that in our commit comments like
> "reformatted/refactored code".

Not really - aside from introduction of
a local variable and removal of unused
variable, nothing major happened other
than doing a "Shift-Tab" to remove
existing icky formatting.  While I *could*
have drawled on in the CVS log, I just
preferred keeping it to what was the primary
difference IMO, that is all.

>     Erik

Cheers,
Magesh