ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: antlib descriptor
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 04:51:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 8:28 PM
Subject: RE: antlib descriptor

> I guess it wasn't real clear where I was planning to do this.  I'd like to
> do this in the 1.5 tree, rather than in the proposal/ area.  This is why
the
> scope is so limited.

This is very like Jose Alberto Fernandez' original design; in the sandbox
his code supports a similar descriptor and includes the tasks to load the
descriptor and to validate it.

Would it be possible to work with Jose Alberto to bring your two visions
into sync so we have one implementation we can pull in to the main tree?

Also, can you leave some space inside this DTD for adding in implementations
of abitrary roles, even if we dont actually support such roles in Ant1.5.
Example: conditions, ejbjar extensions, javac and jsp factories. That way we
can tack full support for them in in the post 1.5 timeframe inside libraries
that will also work (downgraded) on ant 1.5.

-steve