ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject <propertyfile> bug
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:38:05 GMT
Diane,

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get <propertyfile> to
work properly with incrementing numbers and its not at all working properly.
I had touched this module a while back because the default values were not
working properly so I was afraid I might have broken it.  But I see a change
you put in that changed:

                newValue += value;

                newValue = ++value;

I don't really understand how this fixed a bug since it implements incorrect
behavior.  The idea is that the 'value' attribute, when performing a
increment or decrement, represents the amount to increment or decrement, but
you implemented a +1 incrementing always.

The bug you said you fixed is #4549 - and version 1.6 that is mentioned is
the version I worked on.

I'm going to try some tests and see if I can revert your changes and fix the
bug mentioned there.  But if you have additional input on this one I'd love
to hear it.  PropertyFile.java is difficult, at best, to comprehend - and
I've scratched my head many hours trying to decipher it.... and will now do
so again....

    Erik