ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:23:53 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: TaskAdapter and execute()

> I would prefer you write a new <taskdef/> that worked with whatever rules you
> wanted to use and used your own adapter rather than growing ants base adapter

I agree. Of course on <antlib>'s proposal you just need to add a new role with
a new Adapter and the same TaskContainer interface and presto ;-)

    <role name="start-stop-task" class="o.a.t.ant.TaskContainer"
            adapter="my.funny.TaskAdapter" />

    <start-stop-task name="tomcat-a" class="my.tomcat.Bean" />

Jose Alberto