ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: antlib descriptor
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:04:55 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Do you remember how many releases until <typedef> got the same
> > rights as <taskdef> of being at top level?
>
> 1.4.x.  It hasn't been there before.
>
> > And by the way, no one has dear to mention how to solve the mistype
> > of datatypes and TaskContainers.  And the way they get in by
> > accident.  At least my approach produced a consistent solution.
>
> Another consistent solution would be to not allow them inside of
> TaskContainers (putting them in there has never done anything useful,
> I'm not even sure it would work in Ant 1.4.1).

First of all it works in ANT1.4.1.
(Isn't it a shame that we do not even know if the features we add actually work?, so much
for testing).

Second, the following snip is doing useful things:

<if>
    <condition ... />
    <then>
        <path id='myID' ..../>
    </then>
    <else>
        <path id='myID' .../>
    </else>
</if>

and I could have use <sequential> or anything else instead of <if>.

Third, Target implements TaskContainer, should we disallow them there as well.

Jose Alberto