ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Patternsets, Filesets, and Mapper
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:20:55 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <eoti@mind.net>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>; "Ant Developers
List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: Patternsets, Filesets, and Mapper

> Erik and Stefan:
>
> So, talking to both of you, it sounds like the correct solution would be
for me to
> un-patch my FileSet and PatternSet, then patch JavaDoc and Jar.

Yikes, I didn't realize I was still in this discussion!  :)

To be honest, I'm not familiar with <javadoc> under the covers much, nor how
the command-line utility works (although I did dig in to find setUseExternal
to patch XDoclet's codebase with to fix a bug there!).

> I would like some input on this before I revert the other stuff though, as
the only
> difference between the PatternSet and a PackageSet would be to add mapping
support to the
> PackageSet instead of the PatternSet like I did yesterday.

There is a package Mapper that I created that is available too.  I'm not
sure if that would be of help here, as you'd have to add support for mappers
to <javadoc>, but it converts file paths to dotted package names.  I used it
for <uptodate> checks from test cases to their <junit> XML results (which
are filenames in a flat directory with package name in the filename).  Does
that help this situation any?

    Erik