ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LoadFile task
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:03:27 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
> > From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>
>
> >> I am working on creating this in a more generic
> >> way and I don't like comments="#,-" approach very
> >> much...
> >
> > slick
>
> Yes.
>
> > I'd request that there is a filterreader interface that they are all
> > derived of, and that that if you spec a short name
> > 'ZapLineCommentsFilterReader' then there is no need to give the full
> > path.
>
> Or even shorter than that 8-)
>
> We should follow the same logic like mappers, compiler implementations
> or junit formatters.  Provide short names for the built-in options and
> take everything that is not recognized as a class name.
>
> BTW, you'll probably need nested classpath elements sooner or later.
>
> > One issue: how do you pass parameters to the filters. Something like
> > a strip line breaks filter needs to know the char to replace it by;
> > the comment filter needs them too. Perhaps a <param name value> pair
> > is needed there.
>
> Yes, seems like the best choice in Ant 1.x design.  I've been thinking
> about something similar for a <usercondition> for user defined
> conditions.

I have checked in the required base implementation in
sandbox/filterreaders. It would be great if you guys can
jump in and refine it further with your ideas (make it
into shortname, supply classpath, etc.) while I work on
it too.  Also, if you can cook up some custom filters,
especially ones for filtering comments that JVZ requested,
that would be cool.

Do you think the implementation looks ok and usable?

> Stefan

Cheers,
Magesh