ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional EchoProperties.java IContract.java NetRexxC.java PropertyFile.java RenameExtensions.java
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:17:43 GMT
Well, the issue also becomes the use of XDoclet.  Is there a way to turn off
warnings of unrecognized tags?

I want XDoclet to start building our task documentation.  I have made a
prototype that I will commit to the proposal area (hopefully later this
week).  I want tags like this:

Exit.java:
    @ant:task name="fail"  category="control"

That way we can categorize tasks, and also code generate our
defaults.properties, etc.

I've actually already modified my local version of some tasks to have these
tags for my prototype.

How can we have both no javadoc warnings and use XDoclet?  I feel warnings
are better than no XDoclet though!  :)

    Erik

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Skeet" <jon.skeet@peramon.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 10:59 AM
Subject: RE: cvs commit:
jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional
EchoProperties.java IContract.java NetRexxC.java PropertyFile.java
RenameExtensions.java

> >   +         * To-do: make sure the 'unit' attribute is only
> specified on
> date
>
> *arg*... we can't have @todo tags?!  :((

Not if we want JavaDoc to build without warnings...

> XDoclet makes generating a nice to-do list very easy.  Can't
> we keep them in?

Hmm... I can see the desire for them, certainly, but I personally would like
the docs to build cleanly under the standard doclet. Personally I usually
use FIXME for "urgent" to-dos and XXX for slightly less urgent ones, then
just grep (or whatever) for them. How much prettier is XDoclet than
grepping, out of interest? (I'd be quite happy with a general TO-DO non-tag,
or whatever, if you want something to search on.)

Alternative idea: keep the @todo in, and I nag once a week to make sure they
get done :)

Jon