ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PATH] zip and jar improvements
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:39:44 GMT
From: "Brian Deitte" <bdeitte@macromedia.com>

Hi Brian:

> Hi all,
>
> Attached are diffs and new files for my long-running zip/jar improvements.
This should be the last submission, hopefully.  :)  I incorporated some
changes suggested quite awhile ago and added some more documentation.

> Changes visible to users are described below
>
> Zip task
>
> duplicate (attribute): behavior when a duplicate file is found.  Valid
values are add, preserve, and fail. The default value is add.

> zipgroupfileset (nested fileset): allows for multiple zip files to be
merged into the archive. Each file found in this fileset is added to the
archive the same way that "zipfileset src" files are added.

> Jar task
>
> duplicate/zipgroupfileset: same as in Zip task
>
> filesetmanifest (attribute): behavior when a Manifest is found in a
zipfileset or zipgroupfileset file is found.  Valid values are skip, merge,
and mergewithoutmain.  mergewill merge all of manifests together, and merge
this into any other specified manifests  mergewithoutmain merges everything
but the Main section of the manifests.  Default value is skip

> manifest (existing attribute): this attribute now also accepts the name of
a jar added through a fileset.  If its the name of an added jar, the task
expects the manifest to be in the jar at META-INF/Manifest.mf

Thanks!  I will look into it this weekend.

Cheers,
Magesh