ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: We need to stop the lies
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:02:51 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > It is just if people have their own tasks that make bad assumptions
> > about things in CLASSPATH.
>
> "bad" but correct assumptions, yes, for Ant 1.4.1 anyway.
>
> > Now if that is not extremely bizzar(sp?) I am waiting for someone to
> > explain me the logic of that.
>
> Jose Alberto, you don't need to convince anybody that Ant 1.4.1 class
> systems that relied on this broken behavior - and it has been broken
> long enough that we cannot say "oops, a bug, we've fixed it" IMHO.

But you can still get exactly the broken behaviour back if you so require.
So what the heck is the problem.

> > Are we using the TreadContextClassLoader properly on those tasks?
>
> Probably not, need to check.
>
> > Yes, maybe in a JVM1.1 you may need to put more things in the
> > CLASSPATH but hey, you have to give people some reason to update ;-)
>
> If they can - I'd love to run OpenBSD instead of Linux on my servers

What better way to have a compelling reason for the OpenBSD people
to do their job and provide a the JVMs that are needed. :-)

In any case, since you get exactly the same behaviour as today by putting
everything in lib, so this is a non-issue.

Jose Alberto