ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Speaking of deprecation...
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 00:01:00 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Atherton" <bruce@callenish.com>

> At 11:44 AM 2/5/2002 -0800, Diane Holt wrote:
[...]
> So why not have the documentation match the program as much as possible?
> Document deprecation, and remove documentation for removed features.

I would say, keep the messages in the output about deprecation and remove it
from the docs.
1) the message will nag old users and warn them to update their build.
2) no documentation will prevent a new user reading the buildfile from
actually using deprecated attributes

There is something to consider as well. If some attributes/elements are
deprecated, keep the ant-update.xsl as uptodate as possible.

Stephane