ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK 1.4 pattern matching (and small "pedantic" PATCH)
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:37:51 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mariusz Nowostawski" <mariusz@marni.otago.ac.nz>
> My JDK, which is:
>
> $ java -fullversion
> java full version "1.4.0-beta-b65"

Time to upgrade. final if we can call it like this is available.

> does not have java.util.regex.Pattern.UNIX_LINES constant. And in my 1.4
> Javadocs this attribute is not listed either. So - what is the story
> behind this attribute?

Probably was added between beta and rc. in the mean time they were so in a
hurry that they forgot to add some code in the implementation as well. see
archives about "regex wrappers" in this mailing list or here:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4631553.html

Apparently planned for the next release (Hopper)

Stephane