ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cullers
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:59:11 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> I agree with Bruce that placing the (de)selection actions directly
> into <fileset> rather than nesting them into patterns looks and feels
> more natural.

Yep.  I am looking forward to his modified
etc.

> Rob's syntax idea is intriguing.

Yep, I had asked Bruce to include and, or, not
too. ( The last few lines of
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=101468510019951&w=2 )
Rob has nailed it with his superb syntax
proposal.

> When David Rees first talked about cullers, I needed Conor and Peter
> to explain the word to me.  OK, I'm German, but I'm sure we have some
> more non-English users. 8-) So lets try to find a better word.
> Selector is fine, why should the mechanism only exclude things?

Bruce's argument is it is confusing (and unnecessary)
if it does both.

> Stefan

Cheers,
Magesh

* Politics is the gentle art of getting votes *
* from the poor and campaign funds from the   *
* rich, by promising to protect each from the *
* other. --- Oscar Ameringe                   *