ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <>
Subject Logo Vote Summary
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 00:29:05 GMT
Accepting Nick's logo as our official one: six +1's and one -0

- It would be nice if we do not display "Built by Ant"
in Ant's site (top right corner), for example.  So,
if we can have various 'flavors' of the logo - one
with the Built by Ant comment, one without, etc.,
that would be ideal.

And here is something to chew upon...

<built by="Ant"/>

-I've always thought the logo should have the product name (which I think
is "Apache Ant", right?) and maybe say what it does (eg., it's a Java
build tool)

- #3 icon has my preferences

- I kind of prefer pastel shading

- second place logo gets high marks and several desire it to be incorporated
somehow, and Antidote has been proposed

- creation of .ico file of logo for favicon.ico

My suggestion is for Nick to take the collective ideas we've listed here and
work up some examples and submit back to us.  Congrats again!

I'm not at all sure how to deal with the second place logo that certainly is
fantastic, but we really should only have one "official" branded logo -
where else besides Antidote could it fit?  I agree that on t-shirts, mouse
pads and other places it would be great.  Any suggestions on how to resolve
this issue?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message