ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Speaking of deprecation...
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 14:09:13 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>
[...]
> Have you changed your mind now, Stephane.  Just kidding ;-)

All ideas depends on the right timing, the way to introduce them as well as
cross-fertilization of others.
The world is full of 'new ideas' that are 'old ideas' expressed years if not
centuries ago.

The very little thing that could make the difference here is not too hide
anything but having a deprecation summary at the end (logged in MSG_ERR ?)
rather than hidding everything.

Frankly, who would ever have the idea of having a to turn on deprecation if
there is no message to say so.

That was my '-1'.

I don't see any mention about this summary, I did not even think about
expressing it (don't ask me why), nor was it expressed clearly anywhere.

If that's what you had in mind and want credits back for it, frankly, I
don't care much, I don't have any patent to defend on deprecation messages
since it has been there on javac before this idea was even expressed here.
:-)

Stephane