ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Test case failures
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:35:21 GMT
I am trying to run the test cases in an unmodified version of ANT out of CVS

    build run-tests

and I am getting several failures, can someone tell me if they are expected or not and
what to do about them:

1)

Testcase: testSingleFileFileset(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CopyTest):
Caused an ERROR
Could not find file C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\copy.xml to copy.
C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\copy.xml:42: Could not find file C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\copy.xml
to copy.
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Copy.execute(Copy.java:262)

2)
Null Test:      Caused an ERROR
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.metamata.MAuditParserTest
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.metamata.MAuditParserTest
        at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.findClassInComponents(AntClassLoader.java:971)

3)
Testcase: test7(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.TarTest): Caused an ERROR
Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Tar$TarFileSet doesn't support the "prefix"
attribute.
C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\tar.xml:36: Class org.apache.tools
.ant.taskdefs.Tar$TarFileSet doesn't support the "prefix" attribute.
        at org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper.setAttribute(IntrospectionHelper.java:299)

4)
Testcase: test8(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.TarTest): Caused an ERROR
Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Tar$TarFileSet doesn't support the "fullpath" attribute.
C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\tar.xml:48: Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Tar$TarFileSet
doesn't support the "fullpath" attribute.
        at org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper.setAttribute(IntrospectionHelper.java:299)

If I try running with -Djunit.fork=true then nothing works because it cannot even find SAX
classes.
Either it is quite broken or I have a major configuration problem.

Jose Alberto