ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: XDocs Proposal
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:44:59 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com>

> * It looks like the template is picking up nested classes when generating
> the default.properties file.  For example, there's a task called
> 'ant.reference' in there that points to class taskdefs.Ant.

I've synchronized the defaults.properties and task XML generation so they
use the same logic in which classes get processed. I'm sure there is still
some work to be done on the logic, but its all in one isAntTask method! :)

These inner classes are ignored now.  Is it possible to have an Ant task be
an inner class?

> * I guess we need to handle the data types as well.  Seems like it should
be
> straight-forward enough.

What do you have in mind for how to deal with data types?

Now all we need is an XSL wiz to create something that will generate Anakia
xdocs from these XML files and we can get the process rolling to get this
stuff in HTML format and see how it compares and gradually build it up to as
full featured as the current HTML docs (with some caveats on the attribute
rules though).  Stephane?  What can you do with the XML that is generated
from this?

    Erik