ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject What is going on in ANT1.x
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 01:45:22 GMT
Hi,

I am puzzeled at how the current TaskContainer code works in ANT1.x and would like someone
to explain it to me.
Maybe I am missing something obvious.

A task like <sequential/> only implements one method "addTask(Task)". However if I put
inside a datatype declaration (which is not a Task) the operation succeeds. Now, this looks
like a violation of all the typeing rules we have defined,
which means we are cheating somewhere. Can omeone tell me where?

    <sequential>
        <path id='xxx'/>
    </sequential>

For this to work, I would have thought that TaskContainer needed a signature like "addTask(ProjectComponent)".

Any hints on how this type violation was circumvented?

Jose Alberto