ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: XDocs Proposal
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:15:57 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Burton" <billb@progress.com>

> When you implement support for categories, I suggest making
> AntSubTask.getGeneratedFileName return the destination directory based on
> the @ant:category tag rather than the package directory.

Good suggestion.  I was actually thinking of making it more flexible by
taking a hint from how XDoclet does it with the {0} syntax to denote package
directory structure output on a per-class basis versus (like
defaults.properties) a template which processs all classes internally.

So, something like {0} is the task name, {1} is the category name, etc.
This will take some figuring out, but it could be made quite flexible.  Man,
I love MessageFormat!  :)

Perhaps even a mapper should be used instead (MessageFormatMapper? :)

> This way, the
> generated XML will be in the same relative directory structure we'll want
> for the transformed HTML.  Otherwise, it will be rather messy trying to do
> this as part of the XML to HTML transformation.

Agreed.  This was something I had considered - wasn't sure how we wanted the
files to be output.  We could even have all the tasks merged into one XML
file if we wanted, of course.

> P.S. Where's Diane's work?

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-ant/docs/manual/tasksovervi
ew.html?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain