ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/i18n Translate.java
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:33:47 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>

> If there is any coding standard which we have
> consensus upon that says I cannot use this
> variable name, then please show it :-)

Don't make it difficult, you know what you are doing and you cannot enforce
this fancy convention all over the code, that's a valid reason enough not to
do it. Nothing in the sun coding guidelines prevent from using hungarian
notation as well.

I hate the Sun coding guidelines for instance variables but that's the one
we have to use unless we decide for a new one. I don't like the fact that
Peter chose his conventions for Myrmidon, if we choose this as the base for
Ant2 a lot of code will be there as a fait accompli.

"Obey the Sun/Java style guidelines".
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant_task_guidelines.html
"There is a standard for Jakarta -- and it's been there since day one as
part of Jakarta's guidelines."
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=100854699015183&w=2

Stephane