ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promotion of FilterReaders proposal to main development tree.
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:00:29 GMT
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>

> Wow!  Nice work Magesh.

Thanks...

> I'm +1 on this (site unseen, no bandwidth to really give this a spin).
But
> I would like to have a suite of test cases in place for these before they
> get moved into the main codebase.  What happened to write-test-first
> coding?! :)  You surely had to test these out as you developed them, no?!
> ;)

No! ;-)

Just kidding... I will be adding in testcases, as I had
noted earlier.  I am in the process of getting some of them
organized and some of them, please don't scream, written...

> Do you plan on modifying <copy> or the other tasks you mentioned to
> incorporate this functionality?

Depends on:
1. whether this proposal gets anywhere and
2. our release schedule and how much time I can
squeeze in before Ant 1.5 (unless others chip in,
of course)

> How will that play out with the current <filter>
> capability, if at all?

Conceptually, I think they can live along with
each other.  But I haven't yet dug in at the code
level...  Need to investigate further...

>     Erik

Cheers,
Magesh