ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ant in the future
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:49:43 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: Ant in the future

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > On page 15 of the timeline is this entry
> > ANT based operating system  - 2005
>
> Maybe we should link it from our resources page so that people know
> what we are working on?

Putting on my 'I work for a corporate R&D lab' hat on for a moment.

1. Are they talking about 'apache ant' or some other acronym, cos they get
into ANT based services a few years later.

2. Never believe any predictions one person in such an R&D lab makes, they
are usually done to fund their pet projects for another six months. Same
goes for any demo: unless you can tell it isnt rigged, it probably it.

BT are of course the people suing prodigy over hyperlinks right now.