ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: LoadFile task
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:16:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason van Zyl" <jvanzyl@zenplex.com>
To: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 13:44
Subject: LoadFile task

> Hi Steve,
>
> Can I ask what you're using the <loadfile> task for?

printing the output of tomcat deploy request, etc.

> I am taking your suggestion and trying to use the <loadfile> task but I
have
> a couple questions and was wondering if you would accept a patch?
>
> 1) I would like to be able to filter out comment, so would it be
acceptable
> to add a property that sets comment line characteristics:
>
> <loadfile comments="#,--"/>

ask the group on that one; I dont see too much objection. Maybe the attr
should be 'lineComments' to enable someone
else to filter out /* */, (* *) and the like, which is a much harder
proposition.

> 2) Could I add a property that would add a delimiter to use when the lines
> are joined?

yup. But you have to not add two copies of the delimiter on a CRLF pair.

> 3) How would I use the property as a refid so that I could use it in a
> classpath?

properties arent refids

    <loadfile property="loaded" srcFile="file.txt"/>
    <classpath id="loaded.classpath">
      <pathelement path="${loaded}"/>
    </classpath>