ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <>
Subject Re: jikes -O option ?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:21:34 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: "Ant Developers List" <>; "Stephane Bailliez"
> > I don't think an optimize flag ever went in jikes actually.
> Is it ok if I remove '-O' from compilers/ then ?

probably :-)

> I didn't know it was disabled in jikes.

optimize also has no effect in JDK 1.3. It is not used so it is not
necessary to play with it as I can see in nearly all build files.
At least that was the case the last time I looked in the compiler source in
JDK 1.3 and that what the doc states (small italic). I guess they did that
because they rewrote the compiler in 1.3 and thought it was not necessary to
clutter the code and leave this job to hotspot.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message