ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Test Failure - Ant
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:02:16 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> I'd suspect Stephane's change to set the context classloader when
> running <junit> - Gump's classpath handling is different from the
> handling you get when running the tests yourself, it sets
> build.sysclasspath to only.
>
> My guess - I need to investigate this further - is that Xerces' parser
> factory uses the context class loader to load the parser
> implementation and fails because some classes or interfaces end up
> being loaded via different classloaders.

mmm... indeed this is certainly related. what is the logic used for the ant
classloader ? I think that it should *never* pickup any jar in the parent
classloader (mm..at least system classloader) but in the situation of
build.sysclasspath only. maybe we need to do something more like tc3.3/tc4
classloader schema:
having a system/ant/common/app classloaders...

One thing that was surprising however is that the first time I did the run,
I had load of class not found related to CMany in xerces or something like
that, I rerun the test. nothing. I tried to set the same classpath config.
nothing. No idea where this one was coming from and could not reproduce it.

Stephane