ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is going on in ANT1.x
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 06:49:14 GMT
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>

> From: "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
>
> >    <sequential>
> >        <path id='xxx'/>
> >    </sequential>
> >
> > For this to work, I would have thought that
> > TaskContainer needed a signature like
> > "addTask(ProjectComponent)".
> >
> > Any hints on how this type violation was circumvented?
>
> The following is from IntrospectionHelper
>
>             // hide addTask for TaskContainers
>             if
> (org.apache.tools.ant.TaskContainer.class.isAssignableFrom(bean)
>                 && args.length == 1 && "addTask".equals(name)
>                 && org.apache.tools.ant.Task.class.equals(args[0])) {
>                 continue;
>             }
>
> This seems to be the code you are looking for,
> I suppose?

No, I do not think so. This code only removes the addTask method from the
list of methods candidates to use via introspection (is it not?).

What I am looking for is where in the code we create an object that
extends DataType and manage to pass it to the Sequential by calling addTask(Task).
Somehow we are going around the obvious type violation. I think it has to do with
the fact that <path/> is a nested element or something.

Jose Alberto