ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TryCatchFinallyTask ?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:28:16 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>

> I can't recall if this has been rejected before but I going to propose it
> again ;)

It is my understanding that no one ever wanted this (though I have no
opinion but a need too and this has been a RFE from many users). I thought
it was you that were originally -1 for this. :-)

> Error handling in ant sucks - I have come across two today places where I
> have really wanted better handling of that sort of thing. Sometimes tasks
> throw errors that you want to respond to (ie send a mail) others throw
errors
> you can ignore (ie maudit) and in many cases you want to cleanup after you
> regardless fo success or not (delete that null.tmp!).

hehehehe, don't know what you're talking about :o)

use ${java.io.tmpdir} for your tmp you won't see it ;-)

> Anyways I prototyped something like this for ant2 and while it hasn't been
> tested in all the places I wanted to use it - I did really like it in the
few
> places I have tested it. Basically you have as task container that looks
like
> the following. it also behaves in exactly the same way that java languaghe
> try-catch-finally constructs work.
[...]

is that the <tbody> that would be the <try-catch-finally> element ?

Stephane