ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <>
Subject Re: jikes -O option ?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:03:16 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <>

> I'm using jikes 1.15, and according to the man ( and the help ),

you'd better not use this version.
alternatively it does not work well in incremental mode if you use this

1.14 does not handle windows paths with blanks but this is not a concern for
you and is not recommended anyway.

> -O                  do not write LineNumberTable
> That's crazy, on javac it means 'optimize'.

'do nothing' is more appropriate in JDK 1.3+ actually. :o)

> Right now the jikes adapter is issuing -O for optimize, and that brakes
> the stack traces.
> Something strange here, I remember -O used to mean optimize in jikes
> too... Ideas ?

I don't think an optimize flag ever went in jikes actually.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message