ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jikes -O option ?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:03:16 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <costinm@covalent.net>

> I'm using jikes 1.15, and according to the man ( and the help ),

you'd better not use this version.
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=206&group_
id=10
alternatively it does not work well in incremental mode if you use this
feature.

1.14 does not handle windows paths with blanks but this is not a concern for
you and is not recommended anyway.

> -O                  do not write LineNumberTable
>
> That's crazy, on javac it means 'optimize'.

'do nothing' is more appropriate in JDK 1.3+ actually. :o)

> Right now the jikes adapter is issuing -O for optimize, and that brakes
> the stack traces.
>
> Something strange here, I remember -O used to mean optimize in jikes
> too... Ideas ?

I don't think an optimize flag ever went in jikes actually.

Stephane