ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Custom Ant tasks and classpath issue
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:37:49 GMT
Hi,

I have a custom Ant task that I define in the following manner :

<taskdef name="runservertests"
classname="org.apache.cactus.ant.RunServerTestsTask">
   <classpath>
     <pathelement location="${cactus.ant.jar}"/>
     <pathelement path="${java.class.path}"/>
   </classpath>
</taskdef>

I have just discovered today that Ant seems to put java.class.path by
default in the task classpath. Thus, the second pathelement entry is
actually not needed.

My problem was that in the first entry (cactus.ant.jar) I wanted to
override the cactus ant jar that is my java.class.path with a newer
version ... And that lead to me spending 1 full day trying to figure out
why the changes I was doing to my Cactus ant classes were not reflected
when running the runservertests task ... :-(

Question : Is that the normal behaviour ? If so it seems a bad idea as
it is always possible to add java.class.path with a pathelement entry.

Thanks
-Vincent