ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant Regexp wrappers [Re: multiline mode and platform issues]
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:14:28 GMT
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Nico Seessle <nico@apache.org> wrote:
> From: "Stefan Bodewig"
>>
>> Works for me - we may want to think about <replaceregexp> as well.
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the last part of your sentence
> correctly.

We do have an optional <replaceregexp> task in CVS.  If we changed
<regularexpression> to <regex>, we probably should drop the last p of
that task's name as well - and to get consistent look at
<mapper type="regexp"> as well.

> I'm currently playing around with regular expressions and replace
> and have currently have implemented (but not very well tested)
> something like

Before you play any further, look at the optional task, it could be
worthwhile to integrate those two tasks into a single one.

Stefan