ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Task postfix?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:07:37 GMT
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:42, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>
>> My point was that we sometimes rename tasks because the first name
>> that came to our mind sucked for some reason.
>
> Right - but I still dont see what this has to do with a postfix
> notation ;)

It says that the postfix notation doesn't solve the problem.  And that
I have no idea what other problem it could solve.

> Many of the little helper/utility classes are specific to one
> task.

Which is a very good reason to make them inner classes or make the
task form a separate package IMHO.  You've already said that you don't
like it, so we have different preferences here.

Stefan