ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9 & Task Packaging
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:11:00 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Tim Dawson <tdawson47@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So what core tasks would rely on non-included jars?

I have no idea.

Maybe the core itself would rely on non-included jars, it all depends
on our packaging policy.  Say we'd decide to use stuff from
jakarta-avalon or jakarta-commons or jakarta-bcel or whatever, I'm not
sure we'd include a jar with the distribution (we may or we may not).

> And if they're core tasks (meaning useful to darn near everybody,
> right?), why not include those jars in the Ant binaries?

Maybe the license of that other jar doesn't allow us to do (this is
true for a couple of Sun libs AFAIK).

> I would think anything that's in core should run out of the box.

I think, I agree 8-)

> And any antlib should include the jars it relies on

No, this will lead to version mismatches all over the place.

> - or at least fail with a clear error message stating where to get
> the right jar

Yep.

Stefan