ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AUT / Ant Utility Toolkit
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:44:05 GMT
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:

> I just created a new package hierarchy org.apache.aut* in which I
> was going to place sanitized code that is not directly tied to
> ant.

Many of us know that you don't like the commons subproject, but the
stuff you are doing belongs there 8-)

If you want to keep it tied to Ant (via the CVS module or the
community), putting it somewhere under Ant namespace instead of using
the Apache namespace may be the better option.

> * yes aut package was previously used for Avalon Utility Toolkit and
> before that Apache Toolkit but no code was released under that
> package name

Maybe one more reason to not use it - you will want to avoid
confusion.

Stefan