ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Environment problems
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:29:12 GMT
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Kevin Jones <kevinj@develop.com> wrote:
>> What about Windows ME or whatever it has been called, is it a
>> 9x version when it comes to "do we have cmd.exe"?
>
> ME is a version of 98

So it would fall into the win9x family - does anybody know what
the value for os.name is?

>> Is there a good name for the group Win NT, Win 2000 and Win XP?
>
> XP is the next manifestation of W2K.

I vaguely knew that 8-).  Still, is there some nice name for this
"family"?  Something like Win9x for the opposite of it is quite
common.

> Oh, and there are the 64 bit editions as well :-)

We've yet to hear from somebody using Ant on Win NT for Alphas (do
they have a JVM at all?).  For IA64, I guess you'd use the Win32 JVM
from Sun.

Stefan