ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Task postfix?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:42:17 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Peter Donald <> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:40, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Using above rule, the class would have been ExecOnTask - how would
>> that improve the situation?  Same for that would
>> be CallTargetTask, not AntCallTask ;-)
> Not really talking about existing Ant1.x where the names are already
> set in stone. Talking more in context of new tasks to ant1.x and
> ant2.

My point was that we sometimes rename tasks because the first name
that came to our mind sucked for some reason.  Nothing will stop *me*
from picking bad names for tasks that need to be changed by others in
Ant2 ;-)

>> Maybe it would be better to not place any classes into the taskdefs
>> package that are not implementations of tasks but utility classes?
> Thats another possibility. However that implies we have to use inner
> tasks a lot more.

Why?  I didn't say don't write or use utility classes, just that you
shouldn't put them in the taskdefs package.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message