ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: kaffe jar
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:17:33 GMT
On 22 Jan 2002, Fabricio Matheus Goncalves
<fmatheus@opus-software.com.br> wrote:
> 	Im using ant (1.4.1) and kaffe (1.0.5e-0.5).
> 	I cant execute task jar, that gives exception bellow.

I don't run Kaffe myself (and I don't think any committer does).

The code in org.apache.tools.ant has only been tested with the class
library provided by Sun (I don't think the zip classes have been
reimplemented in JVMs from IBM).

> 	Is that expected?

Not really.

> 	I mean that is kaffe fault?

Possible (we already have at least one special case to work around a
bug in Kaffe), but it may very well be possible that our classes do
things that expect more from the class library than the API docs
guarantee.

I'd like to track this down with your help (i.e. I don't want to
install Kaffe to reproduce the problem, there already are too many
JVMs on my box).  Let's take that off list until it is resolved.

Could you please rerun with the latest nightly build (there have been
some changes after the release of 1.4.1 and it will be easier to match
the line numbers with the current code).

> 	If yes, i would like than task jar could use fastjar, a binary
> program to create jar's without the need to install non-open jvm.

Reimplementing <jar> as a facade task is certainly possible, but not
very high on anybodies priority list, I guess.  Patches are welcome 8-)

Stefan