ant-dev mailing list archives

From Holger Engels <>
Subject RE: GenericDeploymentTool and ejb
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:20:58 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, David Bullock wrote:

> Yup.  Basically, the JAR manifest entry 'Class-Path' rocks :-)  More Java
> developers need to know about this one.
> It is a requirement of the J2EE spec that application servers given an
> EAR file must respect the Class-Path attribute, and interpret path paths
> relative to the location of the ejb.jar inside the app.ear file.
> ie.
>   /APP.EAR
>      /ejb.jar
>         /META-INF
>            /MAINFEST.MF  ( contains entry 'Class-Path: support.jar' )
>      /support.jar
> I feel this is 'best current practice', and is preferrable to putting all
> dependent classes in ejb.jar  ...  when the new task is released, it would
> be good to NOT make it ship with dependency-bundling turned on by
> default, IMHO.

Well, I don't like the Manifest-approach. Although I have written a custom
task, that creates a manifest file with a Class-Path entry from a nested
path element. I think they should add a war-like mechanism to the

Conor: yes, I will enhance the ejbjar documentation soon.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message