ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Manifest.java
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:54:30 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I guess it is impossible to restrict the impact of a checkin script to
> a single module?

IIRC the script is in perl, so arbitrary complex logic is possible.

My concern is that by modifying this script, I would be in essence signing
a blank check with respect to my time as maintainer of this script.
Invesigating and correcting any perceived cvs related issue for the
forseeable future.

In other words, if this is something that you seriously want to pursue, I
would help you in every way I can - in finding some poor sap to make this
modification for you, that is.  ;-)

- Sam Ruby