ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant2 codebase adoption process
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:01:20 GMT
Costin wrote:
> I'm not an active ant commiter curently, but if my vote still counts
> it'll be -1 on any candidate that doesn't have a clear backward
> compatibility plan built into the design - i.e it should be able to run
> most existing ant tasks and provide wrappers between the new APIs and
> the old ones ( like xalan compat package for example ).

I do experimental gump runs with JDK 1.4 and Xerces 2 substituted for their
prior versions.  If any proposed success to Ant would like to see how well
they fair against the current set of projects, let me know and I will be
glad to set it up.

My guess is that a proposal with a cleaner design and a fair measure of
backwards compatibility would be a slam dunk.

- Sam Ruby

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message